Sunday, April 29, 2007

It Could Have Been a Trudeau Landslide

Very interesting, I think.

My friend, Antonio, has posted the number of membership cards sold and the turnout by candidate. The intended turnout for Justin was much higher - the problem was confusion among some residents of the Papineau riding.

I was talking to a gentleman who is very active in the large Greek community in Park Ex at the Trudeau reception after the victory. On two fronts a couple of thousand more people would have come out for Justin.

1. Among Greek-Canadian Liberal members in Papineau, the support was split between Mary Deros and Justin Trudeau. However it appears that Justin had a lot more support than that. Since the membership cut-off on March 29th, my friend has been approached by many, many people trying to sign up to support Justin. Apparently some people even refused to believe they couldn't vote today.

2. This is perhaps poor comms on the part of LPCQ, but many didn't even know they had to be Liberals to go out to vote for Justin today. Hundreds of non-Liberals in the Greek community intended to go to Cégep André Grasset to vote for Justin Trudeau as they believed all residents had the right to vote like during an election. Just goes to show that Justin LOCKED DOWN the Greek community not Mary Deros as was widely reported. He got out a good percentage of his vote AND could even have managed to get out the non-Liberals.

Justin ran a great campaign and I am very happy for him.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:11 a.m., Blogger Anthony said...

I think this is the first time you have called me your friend!

This is the power of TRUDEAUMANIA!

 
At 7:51 a.m., Blogger James Curran said...

I am happy you a re "friend" to Antonio. I blogged a first ballot victory yesterday.

It's amazing what the power of positive thinking can accomplish.

The What Do I Know Grit.

 
At 9:18 a.m., Blogger Sinestra said...

Antonio, just because I disagree with you on the majority of issues doesn't mean I don't like you. Also, when you wrote in defense of HRH RE2, you kinda melted my cold WASP heart ;)

Jim, I will check it out. You must come back and visit us.

 
At 12:01 p.m., Blogger Anthony said...

oh sinestra, unlike the PQ

I defend and protect my queens

 
At 5:23 p.m., Blogger James Curran said...

I would have made the trip to Papineau yesterday if I didn't have a million other things on the go. I would have loved to been there for Le Dauphin's big start.

 
At 4:08 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

who was the lady in charge of Quebec for Gerard?


If Justin or Gerard had been on the ballot on Monday,do you think we would have seen a Liberal victory?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home