Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Premature Erection?

Of signs, that is. At 7.00 this morning I was cruising down Sherbrooke Street in Westmount and lo and behold, what do I see? Jacques Chagnon's PLQ election signs everywhere. Big ones, small ones. Apparently signs were also erected in Outremont, and I also saw some in the Lachine borough. This struck me as sort of funny since the writ hasn't been dropped yet and the electoral laws are pretty clear about what needs to be done within the electoral period i.e. from the droppping of the writ to e-day. Signage must be posted within the electoral period.

I've also noticed the CPC is somewhat perplexed as to what constitutes an electoral period and what publicity and expenditures are permitted. More on that in another post, though. I should note that I am a card carrying member of the PLQ and my MNA is a federal Liberal, too. Thus the Minister will be getting my help. Otherwise....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home